Wednesday, January 8, 2020

NEW YEAR ... DO YOU !!!



A phrase said by people who don't realize that change happens when you make or someone else makes it happen, not when time passes.

Image result for do you

This year is going to be the one when you put your own needs first, when you honor where you are no matter what, and when you identify the importance of self-awareness and what love looks like from the inside out.

I promise you that one thing I started to learn more and more every day is that nobody owes you shit. NOBODY. You owe yourself any and everything that you feel you truly deserve. For many years I downplayed myself. Downplayed my talents, my skills, and everything that was within me so that I wouldn’t outshine a coworker, friend, family member etc. In 2017 my brother was murdered and even though he had his troubles in the past, what I always knew was that he was my biggest supporter in anything I wanted to do. I could tell him I want to jump off the bridge and he would ask me if I have a game plan executed so it’s done properly. (bad analogy I know right) But to be honest, I remember when I got into fitness and thought it would be a hobby and it wouldn’t become nothing. My brother would always tell me it would become whatever you want it to become and he became the reason why I studied for certification to become a Certified Personal Trainer. My brother was great at everything!!!  I felt it was nothing he couldn’t do. He could build playgrounds, put a power wheel together in 20 minutes, and draw his ass off. When he was locked up, I would send him books to fuel his mind so that the walls wouldn’t consume his mind, and in return he would send me books that I would never read. Losing him put a void in my heart but it also reignited a lot of talents that I dumbed down for years. Talents that he fueled, and I didn’t.  Sometimes we deny ourselves our own happiness and it sounds crazy but it’s true. By dimming our lights for fear of how others may feel. By dimming our lights in fear of being greater than someone else. Or just by dimming our lights for fear of how bright we will shine. 

In 2020 … don’t dim yourself anymore, don’t downplay yourself, don’t be less than, don’t be afraid to shine! We all would love for people to love us and celebrate us in every single way, and many won’t. But as a friend, all we ask is that you are supportive and what I have learned is that not everyone will support and love you like you love them. I love and support mine hard, and everyone doesn’t have to see or understand your vision but just be encouraging.

Image result for do you

So, no New Year, New Me …. Because resolution sounds strong, finite, and intimidating and often we fear those things … so to 2020 New Year, DO YOU and with pure intentions! To be able to keep a resolution, you also need to let it go … let go of any obstructive energy you might feel, such as frustration, pressure, or expectation. When satisfying a New Year’s commitment, all you can do is keep moving forward and put in the necessary time and effort. Even if you feel like you’re not achieving enough or going fast enough, do as Fredheim says and “trust the process.”

2020 is going to be all about setting ourselves up for emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical success. In order to do such greatness …  I'll share some ideas for a great 2020 💜💛💙


Make self-care a priority.
Self-care isn’t just one thing, IT IS EVERYTHING … and it’s not the same thing to everyone. Self-care means taking time to focus on things that contribute to your well being. Self-care can be taking a bath, going to the doctor or therapy, scheduling thirty minutes for yourself to read at night, or simply saying NO!
Breathe.
When you feel yourself getting worried or anxious, try taking a long inhale in through your nose, and out through your mouth. Even taking a few deep breaths throughout your day can help you relax and find more presence and peace, especially in tough situations.

Practice gratitude.
Gratitude is the attitude! There’s always something to be grateful for — waking up, a house (even if it is not a home YET), a job, the sunshine, fresh air (even if it’s snowing, raining or gloomy), friends, family. Instead of counting all the things that go wrong, count all the way things go right and watch things transform. Difficulties turn into opportunities and abundance becomes the name of the game. By focusing on what we have, we get more of that back from the universe!

Image result for gratitude meme 

Record the good, the bad, and the ugly.
One thing I have learned? The importance of writing things down. Writing things down feels good and it can help us get things out of our head so we can see the world from a clearer perspective. A journal can change your life.

Utilize mantras.
If you’re looking to fill your life with some more positivity, or just a reminder of how DOPE you are, you can try using mantras. Try making up your own mantras based on what you need at the moment. You can write these on paper and tape them on your mirror, then speak them to yourself each day. Repeat your mantra to yourself at least three times, or whenever you need a reminder of how FCKN DOPE you are. Switch them up and see what resonates and works best for you. My mantra for 2020 so far is ….
Image result for i deserve meme

Surround yourself with things that make you happy.
If it doesn’t serve you, let it go. Repeat after me and then repeat it again:
If it doesn’t serve you, let it go.

Whatever it may be: FRIENDS, FAMILY MEMBERS, BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND, HUSBAND/WIFE, THE JOB YOU HATE, THE CLOTHES THAT DON’T FIT BUT YOU STILL SQUEEZE INTO …. DAMN IT LET IT GO!!!! Life is too short and way too uncertain to spend it surrounded by things that drain you. Surrounding yourself with people who fulfill you and not deplete you is vital.

2020 is going to be all about setting ourselves up for emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical success!!! Last but not least don’t forget to Be Kind to Yourself <3 … So, speak (and think) kindly to yourself and care for your body and environment.

 Image result for here's to 2020


No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s going to hurt until you heal …

  Have you ever been in a dark place yet somehow God still used you to be a light for others? Every time I mention this line to others it’...