Monday, June 22, 2015

doing wrong waiting for things to go right

Still waiting for the right partner to come along and fulfill that dream of what you think your life should be like? Yes I understand I was too. Sometimes we are so set on all we want to go right we don't realize all the wrong things we are doing in between. Often we set our minds on one person or an image of what we want that person to be that we don't see the image of someone great passing us by. It happens. It's called life. But are you blinding yourself because you are afraid of what may come or are you scared of what is in front of your eyes?

Are you settling? So tired of waiting that you think you can turn someone who is so wrong for you into someone you want them to be? Change is good right? But is changing someone for your selfishness the answer? Is there a such thing as the perfect partner? How much are you willing to compromise for happiness?

Often we are doing all the wrong things to try and make it seem so right. Think about it ... how often have you said "love me as I am or don't love me at all" to a person yet you may have found yourself trying to make someone into the person you want them to be so you can love them? I realized when I entered into my 30's that honestly there is no perfect person someone will just be imperfectly perfect for you. I can surely make a list of all the wrong things I was doing on my search for Mr. Right; not wanting to date men who didn't eat seafood, west Indian food, if he ate pork it was a no go in my book, if he was a smoker (cigarettes - yet i am still against dating a smoker) that is just one thing I seemingly won't compromise just yet, if he was light skin he didn't stand a chance, how many kids did he have, and I can go on and on. All these things I was doing WRONG, limiting myself looking for Mr. Right not knowing my Mr. Right may be a light skin carnivore who loves pork and every part of the pig LOL - but it's true. So again how many wrong things have you done hoping to get things right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s going to hurt until you heal …

  Have you ever been in a dark place yet somehow God still used you to be a light for others? Every time I mention this line to others it’...