Sunday, February 4, 2018

... my mid life crisis in my 30's

I am not sure yet if being single in your 30's is a gift or a curse. Some days I feel like this is a punishment for not forwarding those chain messages I probably received back in 2005. Come on we all know those chain messages that said "forward to 7 people or be single for the rest of your life". But anyways, what I can say is that I have learned a lot of interesting and informational things as I journey thru my 30's in the peak of my "single-ness".

If you are single and your friends are in long term relationships, then maybe just maybe something is wrong with you. How many times have you heard that? Well fuck what they may say because your dope! Tell them Nye said so and don't believe the hype because all those long term relationships may be suffering and unhappy behind closed doors. Nothing is wrong with you. Some days I often feel like I am behind because I am single, but then most days I feel like I am right in the middle. In between the people who are in unhappy relationships and people in happy relationships. Sucks that society makes us feel that being in a relationship is such a valuable thing, and the pressure behind being in one to basically be apart of a status quo.

Most single individuals struggle with the knowing of if they are ready to settle down or if it's just peer pressure. But being single isn't all that horrible, it has its distinct advantages. You don't have to tell anybody where you are, what you're doing, and who you're doing it with. You don't have to account for someone else's feelings or schedules, and heck if you wanted to pack up and move 800 miles away you can do just that. But, even though you have the mixed emotions and feelings you still may sit back and wonder "is something wrong with me?" When does being single bother you the most? For me winter and summer .... most people can understand winter because it's cold outside, a good Netflix buddy is always great for cuddling and snuggling but the summertime is that moment when you would like to be spontaneous and take a weekend trip to the beach, Miami, Vegas or even the Poconos.

..... and then there is online dating. A repetitive cycle, when one is bored we download the app, we surf thru the app, chat with hopefuls that turn out to be hopeless, become fed up and uninstall the app. THEN REPEAT several months later, LOL! But remember this, you may not find the person of your dreams after 500 swipes. Sometimes I wonder if I am capable of even falling in love, I just feel like I can't be alone here. Then I realize that it takes so many things to align for this to happen and it's all about timing, not your timing but God's timing. Heck maybe even cupid's timing. And while many fall in love continuously, others take time. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day, so don't be shamed or judged for being single.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s going to hurt until you heal …

  Have you ever been in a dark place yet somehow God still used you to be a light for others? Every time I mention this line to others it’...