Monday, March 7, 2016

Settling vs Settling Down



In this current day and age, the dating game get's real serious. I had someone tell me today that when you hit around 35 the "settle down" mode kicks in for most men, granted most females will settle down when they feel they have found something worth settling for. One thing about dating is you can end up wasting a lot of time on a few frogs and ugly ducklings before you find your prince charming or Cinderella.

So let me share a few signs that may prove you are ready to settle down:

  • When you are ready to listen and compromise on almost anything, from breakfast to money.
  • When you no longer feel like you might be missing out on something better.
  • You accept all of your partner's flaws unconditionally.
  • You're fully prepared to put someone else ahead of yourself.
  • When you stop hiding your stretch marks and other so-called "imperfections" because you know your partner loves you anyway.
Now trust me that this list can go on for eternity but these are a few things I have noticed as signs. For some it may be something totally different, like when you feel comfortable passing gas around your boo or if you are comfortable going number 2 in his bathroom. To each it's own 

Now let us keep in mind. There is a BIG difference between SETTLING and SETTLING DOWN ! Oh you probably thought I wouldn't go there huh? Well guess again, you guys know how I do (for those of you who really know me). 




Settling vs Settling Down

Far to often in life people make this mistake of not identifying the two, or failing to realize that there is definitely a difference. I often see a lot of people settle for less than they deserve, I am not one to pass judgment I have settled a time or two in my life. Not one person is perfect. People settle daily, whether w careers, love, family, finances, and so on and so forth. 

Settling in relationships is a dangerous place to be. When you settle in a relationship you potentially fuck up two people’s lives, yours and the person you settled for.
Signs of Settling
  • This is the best that I can do
  • This is significantly better than my last relationship so I shouldn’t complain
  • It’s been a long time since I’ve connected with anybody
  • Well, I’m x age and if I don’t make this work I’m going to be to old (this one is quite popular)
  • etc, etc,
Signs of Settling Down
  • I feel amazing about this
  • I feel truly blessed to have this person
  • I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with this person
  • I wake up everyday grateful to have this person next to me
  • This is what I truly want
You realize what’s possible. Once you realize what’s possible there’s no going back. So it’s enlightening and terrifying all at the same time. You see that it’s possible to shape your life the way you see fit and anything less is unacceptable.

Image result for settling down

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s going to hurt until you heal …

  Have you ever been in a dark place yet somehow God still used you to be a light for others? Every time I mention this line to others it’...