Thursday, July 9, 2015

THE SINGLE SOCIAL SCENE



Why does it seem the older you get the harder it is to meet people? Where do you go once you begin to enter the 30's to meet great like minded people? Remember when we were in our early and mid 20's and the ideal place (so we thought) to meet people was the club ... go out on the weekends or during the week and meet a somewhat potential who possibly purchased you drinks all night and had good conversation over loud music? When you think back you probably sitting there asking yourself "have I ever met a good potential in the club?"

So where do people go in their 30's to meet other singles? Now if you are like me and possibly a homebody you are expecting to meet someone great right outside your front door and it may not ever happen, unless that great guy/gal is the postal worker, UPS/FED Ex worker or ironically knocking on the wrong door. So let's talk about some potentially good places to meet single folks :-)

  • the market; now I don't know if this holds truth because normally when I go to the market all I see is married couples and old men and when I say old men I mean my father and older age wise. So whether it's shopping in the mall or the supermarket you may be likely to meet a significant single other. 
  • online (inserts red flag) now online dating and meeting has it's pros and it's cons. You never really know what to expect from online dating websites, a lot of stalkers, crazy folks, some good guys and some guys who are just looking for sexual relations. It is really time consuming often, and then you only get minimal information from a profile and after a few messages back and forth you decide "is this person worth giving my REAL phone number too?" Another scary thing about online dating sites is whether or not the person you are chatting with is really that person (we are all familiar with the show catfish). 
  • church .... now I have had for years that church is a great place to meet singles and often people who have the same faith and moral grounding as you, but let's be clear all the folks who go to church aren't great !!! You ever been told often that most church goers are the biggest hypocrites? Some have this ideal image of how perfect they are and they aren't. 
  • friends, now I don't know about you guys but I am not for my friends finding me a mate reason being because I have seen some of the people they have chosen for themselves and it hasn't been to great on their end so I will take my chances and find one on my own. Now if you have a bunch of married friends or friends who have been in long term relationships then hey, maybe your friends can help you. Just not mine LOL
  • the gym. Now I use to be a gym junkie and I admit I would scope the men out to see if it was any potential there but the reality is 9 times out of 10 men are doing the same thing and it can sometimes creep us women out. But lately I have been realizing that there are more couples working out together in the gym - so there is the process of elimination. 
  • restaurant or diner - I haven't tried this one yet that I can think of but next time you decide you want to treat yourself out for a quick bite to eat and a drink scope the bar area to see who else may be sitting there alone enjoying a meal too. 
  • house party; not like the wild house parties when we were teenagers but more of the adult social mixers that grown folks have. The hope is that there will be plenty of singles around and you can test the waters. 
  • social scenes; a nice lounge, Barnes and Noble, wine tasting event, paint night, weddings, the laundry-mat, Starbucks while grabbing a cup of coffee, the park, the beach, the boardwalk and much more. 

Seems like the resources are endless as to where to meet singles huh? So why aren't we meeting them? Reason why because it is TIRING !!!! It's like fishing, you can't expect to catch a great fish on the first outing. Especially if you don't know the rules or have experience. You will have to engage in it several times before you get a good catch, and even after awhile the bait will get bigger and bigger. Now let's compare that to being single and dating in your 30's, the first date may or may not be a great catch, but just like fishing you can decide to throw the bait back in and try again another day. After a few sessions you begin to learn the tricks, the ropes and rules and how to easily eliminate the bad fish from the good fish. 

So let's continue on with the process, even though it may seem never ending but Rome wasn't built in a day either. Love has no age limit, I am seeing more men and women finding real love in their 40's and 50's and getting married and even some are having babies. It's never to late .... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s going to hurt until you heal …

  Have you ever been in a dark place yet somehow God still used you to be a light for others? Every time I mention this line to others it’...